- Ethical community management, Ethical social management, and Inclusive social management redirect here.
- FOTPACH and FOTPACHIES redirects here.
- FoePatch, FoePatchism, FOEPATCH Inclusive Social Management, FOEPATCHISM community organizing, and other variants redirect here.
FOEPATCHISM = Fair, Open, Ethical, Peaceful, Accountable, Transparent, Consistent, Honest, Inclusive Social Management - for collaborators, communities, families, governments, groups, homes, organizations, social media, societies, teams, workplaces, etc. "Foe" = enemy; "patch" = correction.
This ambitious, subjective term includes critical ethical community management concepts lacking in most hierarchical institutions. Admittedly ambiguous without detailed component definitions, it's a giant step in the right direction towards clarifying fundamental systemic travesties. This term is a tool to resist the root of all modern problems - hierarchies, monopolies, and tyrannies with permissive "authority" ripe for abuse, corruption, exploitation, and selfish interests.
FOEPATCH inclusive social management may apply to many groups, including social media administration, businesses, cooperative organizations, organizing freedom and prepper groups, voluntarism (working as, working with, and managing volunteers), voluntaryism (voluntary personal interactions without masters), and even local governments (possible) to national governments (wishful).
FOEPATCH inclusive social management is typically incompatible with authoritarian hierarchical management, and while imperfect this maxim is at least a foot in the door to keep open discussions alive with the hopeful intentions of improving - to do better, always, if possible.
This maxim should be fundamental in founding new or evolving established ethical communities (to be kept in mind when drafting charters, goals, roadmaps, and rules), for starting new social media platforms, local freedom and prepper groups, media companies, or in political campaigns.
FOEPATCH inclusive social management aims include better equipping groups to pursuit authentic, flexible, secure, self-management, self-regulation, and self-reliance for longevity, prosperity, and success. The status quo will always stomp on these goals.
Nothing to do with "diverse and inclusive" woke politics, the "Inclusive" element refers to:
- The ability for everyone of a community to have a say in all matters (not just what folks are allowed to debate). Not everyone will care to be involved in all matters, and that's expected and okay.
- Management must always be committed to making every effort to invite all community members to interactively participate, directly or via Open, Transparent, publishing of information and public relations.
- The interactive participatory Social aspect is critical to inclusiveness. Without open communication, it's simply one-way dictates (or else...).
2020 (+ 2021?)
- While calling out the unfair hypocrisy and bullshit of /u/magnora7, owner and co-founder of SaidIt.net, the term developed and grew into:
- FOTPACH - Fair, Open, Transparent, Peaceful, Accountable, Consistent, Honest.
2021 + 2022
- While calling out local Windsor Freedom Resistance "leadership" hypocrisy and bullshit, it became clear that FOTPACH may apply to much more than just social media management.
- Recognized that FOTPACH is just ethical management, with specific qualities, but it also needs more: inclusive participation. (The core organizing team refused to include regular resistance folks.)
Winter 2022 / 2023
- "IES management" was added to make it "Inclusive Ethical Social management".
- This article was clarified and expanded, adding "community" to improve the "ethical community management" definition (making "social" somewhat redundant while messing up the acronym).
- "FOTPACHI ethical community management" is technically better, but it's still a mouthful.
- Maybe rearrange the acronym into "FOIPATCH ethical community management"? People do prefer "patch" over "pach".
- Worked on new acronyms.
- Rejected CHEFAPOTISM, FATECHOPISM, FEPCHOATISM, PEFCHAOTISM
- Surprised to find a superior upgrade:
- fair, open, ethical, peaceful, accountable, transparent, consistent, honest, inclusive, social, management
- for communities, families, governments, homes, organizations, social media, societies, workplaces, etc.
- + ISM = inclusive social management
- Relevant definitions:
- foe = enemy
- patch = correction; A small piece of material used to repair damage or a breach; A small, often contrasting, somehow different or distinct, part of something else (location, time, size); A small area, piece of ground, or small plot of land; A local region of professional responsibility; A file that fixes a programming bug; A cable connecting electrical equipment.
- Cassandra Team
- Community organizing concepts
- Decentralized alternatives
- Privacy tools
- Starting new social media platforms
- Technology alternatives
- Voluntarism, organizing and managing volunteers effectively
- Voluntaryism, voluntary interactions without rulers rather supporting and suffering under mafia governments and the corporatocracy with their monopoly on violence