- This page is a work in progress. Feel free to join to help edit Projex.Wiki. Check back for developments.
A good story told well is absolutely and fundamentally the most important aspect of almost every movie. Nothing can save the most beautiful movie from terrible storytelling.
- Film Directing: Shot by Shot - 25th Anniversary Edition: Visualizing from Concept to Screen Paperback ~ Steve D. Katz
- Available on Amazon.
" The so-called Story Circle [aka The Embryo] is my attempt to remove all of the hard and repeated work from the task of breaking a story. We do an eight-step story process here. I call it an embryo. 1) You've got a character that you can identify with 2) that has some kind of need/wish/incompletion. 3) [It] causes them to go across a threshold where the story changes direction. 4) They go down a road of trials, searching for something. 5) They find it, whether they like it or not. 6) It kind of kicks their ass, 7) and they come back to the world they started in, 8) having changed. - You, Need, Go, Search for something, Find it, Take it, Return, Changed. " ~ Dan Harmon, co-creator of Rick and Morty
The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller ~ John Truby
- on Amazon: The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller
- Audiobook: ???
- on DuckDuckGo: John Truby The Anatomy of Story
- PDF on The Internet Archive: The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller
- on Wikipedia: John Truby
- on YouTube: John Truby The Anatomy of Story
Save The Cat: The Last Book On Screenwriting That You'll Ever Need! ~ Blake Snyder
- on Amazon: Save The Cat: The Last Book On Screenwriting That You'll Ever Need!
- Audiobook: ???
- on DuckDuckGo: Blake Snyder Save The Cat
- PDF on The Internet Archive: Save The Cat: The Last Book On Screenwriting That You'll Ever Need!
- on Wikipedia: Blake Snyder
- on YouTube: Blake Snyder Save The Cat
Story: Style, Structure, Substance, and the Principles of Screenwriting ~ Robert McKee
- on Amazon: Story: Style, Structure, Substance, and the Principles of Screenwriting
- Audiobook: ???
- on DuckDuckGo: Robert McKee Story
- PDF on The Internet Archive: Robert McKee Story'
- on Wikipedia: Robert McKee
- on YouTube: Robert McKee Story
- Showcase Your Work (7:29) ~ Richard Grove, 2023-08-19
- Category:Windsor media
- Decentralized alternatives, includes lists of crowdsourcing alternatives and YouTube alternatives
- Economic alternatives
- FilmCourage channel on filmmaking, on YouTube
- Filmmaking equipment
- Filmmaking production elements
- Audio production
- Classical animation production
- Computer animation production
- Commercial production
- Documentary production
- Event video production
- Feature film movie production
- General animation production
- Industrial video production
- Music video production
- Podcast production
- Post production
- Short video production
- Filmmaking resources
- ◉ FILMMAKING ◉ YouTube playlist compiled by User:JasonCarswell.
- Joseph Campbell
- Open Curricula Projects
- Riggi Media International Inc. - recording, video, & colour grading studio
- Technology alternatives
- Television series pitches
- Video distribution
- Video production
- Werner Herzog Teaches Filmmaking MasterClass
- In 6 hours of video lessons, movie director Werner Herzog teaches his uncompromising approach to documentary and feature filmmaking.
- Windsor Media Center
- /s/MovieAnalysis - spoilers
- /s/MovieCritiques - spoilers
- /s/MovieReviews - spoiler-free
Online filmmaking resources
Top searches for "filmmaking" on DuckDuckGo yield (as of 2023-02-23):
- Filmmaking (film production) is the process by which a motion picture is produced. Filmmaking involves a number of complex and discrete stages, starting with an initial story, idea, or commission. It then continues through screenwriting, casting, pre-production, shooting, sound recording, post-production, and screening the finished product before an audience that may result in a film release and an exhibition. Filmmaking occurs in a variety of economic, social, and political contexts around the world. It uses a variety of technologies and cinematic techniques. Although filmmaking originally involved the use of film, most film productions are now digital. Today, filmmaking refers to the process of crafting an audio-visual story commercially for distribution or broadcast.
- The Filmmaking Process for Beginners | NYFA - Student Resources
- The ultimate filmmaking guide - Adobe
- Filmmaking 101: What You Need to Know About Indie Film Production
- Understanding Filmmaking: The 5 Stages of Film Production
- The Filmmaking Process Step by Step - Learn About Film
- 15 Essential Filmmaking Techniques Every Filmmaker Should Know | ActionVFX
- Filmmaking - Filmmaking Stuff
- Online filmmaking courses
- Filmmaking 101 A Beginners Guide (13:10) ~ Brandon Washington, 2018-01-26